[oct, nov, dec, jan] february recap

Sonntag, 18. Februar 2018 | / |
via

(1) Martina (2) Moos Shirt via hundhund (3) Cleo Tee via hundhund

So many months passed by and so little recaps were written! Since February is such a short month, instead of doing "just" a february recap, I thought it's easiest to make a "summary-recap" of the last five months. Don't even know where to start... well, as you might know, since November I started working 20 hours a week, which is great, because I have got a regular income and I'm flexible with my time, since I don't go to university yet. Other than that, I shot some pictures for a theater production named "Dear Diary" which was an entirely different challenge for me, because usually I don't like shooting inside and with low light. But it turned out better than expected and I think Matthias, who asked me if I would like to photograph the play, was satisfied with the results as well. And then another spontaneous shooting took place in November. Jakob, a friend of Matthias', asked me to shoot him in the garden of his grandfather, and even though it was biting cold outside, we managed to take tons of pictures and some turned out pretty good. Still haven't had the time to edit, but I'm working on it. If there's one thing I'm superslow at, it's definitely editing. I don't know how people just find their "style" with editing, for me, it's always completely different depending on the shooting, the pictures and the models.
And then there was December, the last month of every year, where suddenly a thousand events and meetings happen. I shot my friend and former classmate Edina together with her supersweet puppy called Frida in the snow. We said we have to repeat this shoot someday again, when there's more snow outside and when we both got more time. I celebrated my 19th birthday with my friends. We were going out on the 20th of December, even though my actual birthday is on the 21st, but I had to work the morning shift on the 22nd, so being hangover at work wasn't an option haha. Instead, we had brunch at a nice place on the 21st and later during the day, I went home to celebrate with my family as well. For me, birthdays aren't special because of the presents, but because of the fact that I get to see all my friends together and to receive lovely messages and words.
Since I had to work on Christmas Eve, it wasn't the same Christmas that we usually celebrate, but still very beautiful and relaxed. Way too much food and way too many sweets, that didn't change though.
On New Years Eve I had to work as well, but later I went to my friend Lauras place and welcomed 2018 together with her, her boyfriend and two other friends in the city. And I started the new year with a shooting together with Matthias. Very casual and spontaneous, but I loooove the outcomes. It proves me once again that great pictures happen by coincidence, at least this is my philosophy with photography haha. I will show you some pictures soon, since I had to edit them right away!!

Here we are, another month is coming to its end. This gives me also the opportunity for catching up with the 'regular' recap postings. I applied for university in the beginning of february and already have a date in late april where I get to write the admission test. Someday soon I'll have to start learning and reading and doing everything that needs to be done in order to pass this test. Besides that, I'm still learning for my drivers license haha, at least I managed to pass the theoretical part now (after I failed like ten times in a row haha) but the practical part where I've actually got to drive is still waiting for me. Hopefully I'm done by today in a month, this whole driving license is slowly but surely getting on my nerves.

It has been a week since I got back from my intense travel through 4 countries in 7 days. On Monday, I caught the earliest bus to Vienna, from where I flew to Cologne and then took the bus again to Essen, where I stayed overnight at my friend's Kathi place. Continued on Tuesday by taking the bus back to Cologne, where I met up with my deeply missed friend Martina, we slept at a hostel (Pathpoint Backpackers Hostel Cologne) and woke up early on Wednesday to catch the flight towards Copenhagen, where we then stayed in a Airbnb until Friday. From Copenhagen, we took the train towards Sweden and met my friends at Jonnas place, where we also stayed overnight before on Saturday we changed locations again and met Mia, another friend of mine. And on Sunday, after many sleepless nights, we got back to Copenhagen Airport, took the flight to Cologne, while we somehow managed to forget that Carneval season has started and it was impossible for us to move any further than to Vapiano close to the central station. In the evening, it was time to say Goodbye to my beloved friend Martina, when I had to take my flight back to Vienna and Martina had to take the train back to the Netherlands. Really busy, intense but very beautiful week.

My order from the online shop hundhund made my return still somewhat exciting, because I ordered beautiful clothes in the sale. The trousers seem to be outsold already because I can't find them in their online shop anymore, but the two shirts you can see in the picture above are still available in size xs.
I also bought new glasses from Viu! They opened a store in my city last summer and my parents gave me a gift card from their shop as a christmas present. So I finally went there and couldn't decide which glasses to get, but in the end I found some and now I'm superhappy with my choice! I hope I can show you my clothes from hundhund as well as my new glasses from Viu soon on the blog. :)
Last but not least, I couldn't resist and ordered some new beauty products from Eccoverde too. I will show you my favorites (and also give you my honest opinion on my "not-favorites") once I'm done testing everything.

Some of my favorite blogposts and articles are following as usual.
  • Mia from heylilahey always inspires me with here extensive travel guides. This time with a compilation of Thailand posts turned into one big travel guide from Thailand, including beautiful pictures and giving me the immediate feeling of "i have to go there". 
  • If you are looking for simple, beautiful and great DIYs, go have a look at Bonny und Kleid. Bonny published two really nice DIYs this year: One of a upcycled stool and one of a upcycling idea for a flowerpot.
  • I didn't take many pictures in Copenhagen and Sweden during our trip, since I always feel like coming home instead of being a tourist (although I have to say, concering my bad orientation, I definitely feel a bit like a tourist every single time when using Google Maps) but Linn has also quite recently been to Copenhagen, and her Travel Guide is useful for everyone wanting to explore the city.
  • A few weeks ago, I started watching a series called Younger. My friend Kristin recommended it to me already months ago, but I somehow forgot about it. But as I now found it on a swedish tv-channel, I finally watched it and fell in love. Not only did I fall in love with the series itself but also with one of the main characters. In real life, the actors name is Nico Tortorella and while I was googeling him, I found this really great article of him published on Refinery29 already in 2016. But it couldn't be more relevant. Please go and read this, I sincerely cried reading those words about 29 women who inspire him.

4 Kommentare:

  1. EIn schöner Rückblick! Das klingt ja gerade nach einer sehr aufregenden zeit bei dir :) Bei der Uni Bewerbung drücke ich dir die Daumen!
    Liebe Grüße
    Sarah

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ein toller Beitrag :)
    Du hast ja viel erlebt in der letzten Zeit.
    Wünsche dir noch einen tollen Tag!
    xx Katha
    showthestyle.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Das mit dem Stil kommt irgendwann. Ich bin mir auch nicht so sicher, ob ich meinen schon wirklich habe, aber doch eher als noch vor einem Jahr oder so. Das kommt aber einfach mit wirklich viel fotografieren, retuschieren usw. Irgendwann macht's klick. ;)

    Haha, meine Eltern sind auch total vorsichtig bei solchen Angeboten, aber sie haben in den letzten Jahren auch ehrlich gesagt das ein oder andere Mal so einiges mitgemacht. ;) Mittlerweile bin ich bei solchen Dingen auch wesentlich umsichtiger... ^^

    http://www.blog.christinepolz.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh wow da war ja wirklich einiges los bei dir, vor allem die Bilder für das Theaterstück hören sich toll an. Stelle ich mir spannend vor, da mal die offiziellen Bilder für zu machen. Auch das mit dem Nebenjob klingt doch toll und ich hoffe, du hast Spaß dabei? Ich arbeite seit Februar ja auch neben dem Studium.

    Auch sonst hört sich das doch nach einer schönen und aufregenden Zeit an. Für den Führerschein drücke ich weiterhin die Däumchen, dass packst du.

    Danke auch für dein liebes Kommentar.
    Dankeschön für dein liebes Kompliment <3. Ja das ist bei uns aber ähnlich, weshalb man da immer reservieren muss. Ansonsten heißt es halt warten bis was frei ist oder doch woanders hingehen.

    Ich bin auf jeden Fall schon sehr gespannt drauf und fände auch den Beitrag über Kopenhagen und Südschweden sehr interessant. Ich war auch einmal an Karneval in Köln und fand das auch grauenhaft. Nie wieder. Ist nicht meine Welt und mir war da der Trubel auch zu viel.

    Zur Frage ob Uni oder Fachhochschule da muss man echt selbst schauen, was einem besser gefällt. Für mich währe Fachhochschule deshalb nichts, weil es wieder dieses Schulsystem mit festem Studenplan hat und man da an der Uni freier ist. Das bevorzuge ich persönlich. Aber klar, die betreuung ist an der Fachhochschule definitiv besser, an der Uni muss man da eigenständiger zurecht kommen.

    Also mi Moment bin ich gut in der Zeit, muss aber auch gestehen, dass ich keine Ahnung ob meinem Dozenten das am Ende gefällt. Ich setzte das nun so um, wie ich mir das vorstelle und verfolge da meinen Plan, somit muss ich schauen ob das dann auch ankommt. Danke fürs Däumchen drücken, dass kann ich gebrauchen.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über jeden Kommentar, aber von gegenseitigem Folgen halte ich nichts. ;)